The number of crises that have hit our communities over recent years serve as a stark reminder of the vulnerability of businesses when there is a prolonged downtime or when disasters, pandemics, or large-scale emergencies strike.
The reality is that having a well-executed, comprehensive business continuity strategy will not only safeguard your business, but also provide a roadmap for businesses to capitalize on their philanthropy and goodwill as well as the new opportunities that result from the crisis.
- 40% of businesses fail to reopen after a disaster.
- Another 25% fail within one year.
- Over 90% of companies fail within two years of being struck by disaster if they do not restore operations within five days.
- 45% of companies reported prolonged downtime from hardware failure.
- 28% of companies have experienced data loss within the past year.
- 93% of companies unable to recover their data within ten days filed for bankruptcy within a year. 20% of companies do not have a disaster recovery plan.
- 22% of the workforce is adequately prepared for disaster at home.
- 96% of businesses with a disaster recovery strategy fully recover operations.
- Less than 1% of businesses have incorporated a strategy to capitalize on the millions, billions, or even trillions of dollars in federal aid that hit the market after a large-scale disaster.
- Businesses donate billions annually to disaster relief, but very few share their philanthropy, and social responsibility with their customers.
ISC Business Preparedness & Resiliency Services:
- Business Continuity & Resumption Planning
- Data and IT Recovery Plans
- Disaster Resiliency Recovery Strategies
- Risk & Vulnerability Assessments
- Crisis Incident Management Plans
- Crisis Communications
- Crisis & Consequence Management Planning
- Cybersecurity Assessments
- Workplace Health & Safety
- Supply Chain Analysis
- Corporate Preparedness Campaigns
- Benefit-Cost Analysis
- Training & Exercises
- Corporate Resiliency Assessments
As recognized experts in disaster management, we feel it is important to go beyond simply developing a business continuity strategy. We help our clients restore operations and build resiliency by promoting a culture of preparedness. When done right, this corporate culture of preparedness can not only reduce the potential loss of revenue but also build customer goodwill and capitalize on new opportunities and growth.