JOIN OUR TEAM OF DEDICATED INNOVATORS
If you are a driven professional that is team focused and passionate in building a resilient future, then consider joining the ISC team!
TECHNICAL WRITING SPECIALIST
Integrated Solutions Consulting (ISC) is looking for an enthusiastic Technical Writing Specialist to produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success and complements that expertise of our consulting team. The Technical Writing Specialist will help us in our overall efforts to assist our company continue our exceptional growth. You will be an integral part of the development and execution of products that are both internal and client-driven. You will join a team of talented tech writers who work collaboratively with developers, planners, engineers, and project managers to make our products technically and visually sound.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Technical Writing Specialist will assist in the following writing tasks:
- Writes and edits documents, plans, policies, and procedures for readability and consistency; and producing high-quality documentation that is appropriate for its intended audience
- General research
- Writes and edits proposals for readability, consistency and appropriate tone describing company capabilities, management approach and/or past performance
- Edits and proofreads to ensure accuracy, clarity, readability, consistency with company guidelines and standards
- Formats documents to meet company guidelines and standards
- Write easy-to-understand marketing materials
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Proven working experience in technical writing
- Exceptional writing and editing skills;
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation, paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Strong organizational skills that demonstrates a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to work collaboratively under strict deadline pressure and handle multiple work assignments;
- Solid computer skills, including MS Office and other publishing software
- Effective written and oral communications skills
- Must be able to balance duties and responsibilities of multiple projects concurrently.
- Flexible style, able to immediately adapt to changing priorities
- Familiarity with graphic design and illustrator software a plus
- Previous experience in consultative organizations is a plus
- Experience in marketing and developing projects is a plus
- Familiarity with marketing, proposal development, and oral presentations is a plus.
The location of this position will vary based on client need. Current positions will be based out of St. Louis, MO and/or Chicago; however, relocation is not required. Travel expectations will range between 30-50%. Salary is commensurate with experience. ISC is searching for both full time employees as well as on a contractual basis.
- ISC is searching for full-time employees.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- To apply submit your resume, references, a cover letter stating your salary requirements, writing sample (pre-requisite), and any other material that you feel will help your candidacy to: email@example.com.
- ISC is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce of professionals that provide a cooperative and collaborative work environment.
- Seniority level
- Entry - Mid level
- Employment type
- Job function
- Technical Writing
- Management Consulting, Public Safety, Government Administration