Integrated Solutions Consulting (ISC) is looking for an enthusiastic Consultant with experience in the fields of emergency management consulting, public health, and homeland security to support our consulting engagements with local, state, and federal clients. The ideal candidate will be able produce high-quality products that contributes to the overall success of our team, and will be located in the Chicagoland region. You will be an integral part of the development and execution of products that are both internal and client-driven.
WORK WITH US
JOIN OUR TEAM OF DEDICATED INNOVATORS
If you are a driven professional that is team focused and passionate in building a resilient future, then consider joining the ISC team!
EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AND PUBLIC HEALTH CONSULTANT (CHICAGO)
Seeking a candidate to support various project efforts in Illinois and the Midwest including, but not limited to, emergency planning, mitigation planning, public health/COVID-19 planning/response, and the development and implementation of testing, training, and exercise programs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Integrated Solutions Consulting (ISC) is seeking a consultant to support a variety of public health and emergency management consulting projects at the local, state, and federal level. Candidate should have extensive knowledge of various HHS, DHS and FEMA programs. Additionally, the candidate should be versed in the development and implementation of risk assessment, emergency planning, gap analysis, continuity of operations (COOP) planning; policy and regulatory analysis; hazard mitigation, evacuation planning, communications; after-action assessments; and testing, training and exercise programs. Past experience with consulting and project management is a plus.
- Participate in and/or coordinate tasks associated with consulting project engagements for various federal, state, local, tribal, and/or private sector clients
- Assist in the creation of high-quality project deliverable related to emergency management, homeland security, and public health
- Develop technical reports and meeting material such as PowerPoint presentations, agendas, meeting notes.
- Assist in the facilitation of community outreach, workshops, and exercises
- General research on topics related to ISC business operations
- Assist in the development of innovative solutions and technologies related to emergency management, homeland security, and public health
- Interfaces with the client and resolves project specific issues or elevates issues when necessary.
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Other duties as assigned or which arise during the course of operations from time to time
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- College degree and/or minimum of 5 years of applicable experience with state/local emergency management programs and/or consulting. Degree in applicable field will be received favorably.
- Must have expertise in regulations governing or affecting emergency management, homeland security, and public health preparedness, response, recovery, and mitigation programs to include but not limited to:
- hazard risk assessments and gap analysis,
- emergency planning on various topics (COOP, public health and medical, hazard mitigation, disaster recovery, evacuation, functional needs, etc.)
- HSEEP exercise development on various topics (disaster recovery, CCTA, earthquakes, hurricanes, public health emergencies)
- technical studies and case study research
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong organizational skills that demonstrates a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to deliver high quality professional products, paying attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively under strict deadline pressure and handle multiple work assignments
- Solid computer skills, including MS Office and other publishing software
- Must be able to balance duties and responsibilities of multiple projects concurrently
- Flexible style, able to immediately adapt to changing priorities
- Previous experience in consultative organizations is a plus
- Experience in managing project engagements is a plus
- Knowledge of GIS technologies is a plus
- Valid Driver’s License
The location of this position will be based in the Chicagoland area in the state of Illinois. Travel expectations will vary. Salary is commensurate with experience. ISC is searching for both full time employees as well as on a contractual basis.
Integrated Solutions Consulting Inc. is focused on developing and implementing innovative and cutting-edge comprehensive crisis and consequence management solutions for governments, municipalities, hospitals, schools and private non-profits. The company's principal members have extensive executive experience in the operational fields of emergency management, homeland security, law enforcement, engineering, health and environmental sciences. This experience is supported by an outstanding reputation of providing exceptional professional consulting services.
Our personnel are recognized as innovative problem solvers dedicated to the professions of emergency management and public safety, as well as those professions that routinely support emergency management operations. For more information on Integrated Solutions Consulting, visit www.i-s-consulting.com
To apply submit your resume, references, work product sample, and a letter stating your salary requirements to: email@example.com
ISC is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce of professionals that provide a cooperative and collaborative work environment.
- Seniority level
- Management Consulting
- Public Safety
- Public Health and Medical
- Employment type
- Job Functions
- Project Management