JOIN OUR TEAM OF DEDICATED INNOVATORS
If you are a driven professional that is team focused and passionate in building a resilient future, then consider joining the ISC team!
MANAGING CONSULTANT / PLANNER
Integrated Solutions Consulting (ISC) is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Consultant that is experienced and specialized in the fields of emergency management consulting, homeland security, and public health to support our consulting engagements with local, state, and federal clients. The candidate must have previous experience developing plans, exercises, training, and other special studies on a wide variety of topics and for large clients. The candidate must be able to successfully execute multiple project engagements simultaneously and have documented success managing clients and consulting engagements. The candidate will produce high-quality products that contributes to the overall success and complements that expertise of our consulting team. You will be an integral part of the development and execution of products that are both internal and client-driven.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Consultant will assist in the following writing tasks:
- Participate in and/or coordinate tasks associated with consulting project engagements for various federal, state, local, tribal, and/or private sector clients
- Assist in the creation of high-quality project deliverable related to emergency management, homeland security, and public health
- Review and provide quality assurance/control of all material
- Provide guidance to subordinate project staff, in coordination with project manager/managing director, regarding client deliverables
- Collect, analyze, organize, and summarize information, documentation, and data associated with project engagements
- Develop and oversee technical reports and meeting material such as PowerPoint presentations, agendas, meeting notes.
- Facilitate and manage tasks associated with community outreach, workshops, and exercises
- Oversee and guide research on topics related to ISC business operations
- Assist and oversee in the development of innovative solutions and technologies related to emergency management, homeland security, and public health
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- College degree and minimum of 8 years of applicable experience with state/local emergency management programs and/or consulting. Degree in applicable field will be received favorably
- Previous experience coordinating the management of tasks and small projects to include scopes, budgets, schedules and resources
- Must have expertise in regulations governing or affecting emergency management, homeland security, and public health preparedness, response, recovery, and mitigation programs to include but not limited to:
- hazard risk assessments and gap analysis,
- emergency planning on various topics (COOP, hazard mitigation, disaster recovery, evacuation, functional needs, etc)
- HSEEP exercise development on various topics (disaster recovery, CCTA, hurricanes, public health emergencies)
- technical studies and case study research
- Excellent written and oral communications skills,
- Strong organizational skills that demonstrates a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to deliver high quality professional products, paying attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively under strict deadline pressure and handle multiple work assignments;
- Solid computer skills, including MS Office and other publishing software
- Must be able to balance duties and responsibilities of multiple projects concurrently.
- Flexible style, able to immediately adapt to changing priorities
- Previous experience in consultative organizations is a plus
- Experience in managing medium to large project engagements is a plus
- Knowledge of GIS technologies is a plus
The location of this position will vary based on client need. Current positions will be based out of St. Louis, MO and/or Chicago; however, relocation is not required. Travel expectations will range between 50-70%. Salary is commensurate with experience. ISC is searching for both full time employees as well as on a contractual basis.
- ISC is searching for full-time employees.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- To apply submit your resume, references, a cover letter stating your salary requirements, writing sample (pre-requisite), and any other material that you feel will help your candidacy to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ISC is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce of professionals that provide a cooperative and collaborative work environment.
- Seniority level
- Entry - Mid level
- Employment type
- Job function
- Technical Writing
- Management Consulting, Public Safety, Government Administration