JOIN OUR TEAM OF DEDICATED INNOVATORS
If you are a driven professional that is team focused and passionate in building a resilient future, then consider joining the ISC team!
CONSULTANT / PLANNER
Integrated Solutions Consulting (ISC) is looking for an enthusiastic Consultant with experience in the fields of emergency management consulting, homeland security, and public health to support our consulting engagements with local, state, and federal clients. The ideal candidate will be able produce high-quality products that contributes to the overall success and complements that expertise of our consulting team. You will be an integral part of the development and execution of products that are both internal and client-driven.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Consultant will assist in the following writing tasks:
- Participate in and/or coordinate tasks associated with consulting project engagements for various federal, state, local, tribal, and/or private sector clients
- Assist in the creation of high-quality project deliverable related to emergency management, homeland security, and public health
- Develop technical reports and meeting material such as PowerPoint presentations, agendas, meeting notes.
- Assist in the facilitation of community outreach, workshops, and exercises
- General research on topics related to ISC business operations
- Assist in the development of innovative solutions and technologies related to emergency management, homeland security, and public health
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- College degree and minimum of 5 years of applicable experience with state/local emergency management programs and/or consulting. Degree in applicable field will be received favorably,
- Must have expertise in regulations governing or affecting emergency management, homeland security, and public health preparedness, response, recovery, and mitigation programs to include but not limited to:
- hazard risk assessments and gap analysis,
- emergency planning on various topics (COOP, hazard mitigation, disaster recovery, evacuation, functional needs, etc)
- HSEEP exercise development on various topics (disaster recovery, CCTA, hurricanes, public health emergencies)
- technical studies and case study research
- Excellent written and oral communications skills,
- Strong organizational skills that demonstrates a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to deliver high quality professional products, paying attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively under strict deadline pressure and handle multiple work assignments;
- Solid computer skills, including MS Office and other publishing software
- Must be able to balance duties and responsibilities of multiple projects concurrently.
- Flexible style, able to immediately adapt to changing priorities
- Previous experience in consultative organizations is a plus
- Experience in managing project engagements is a plus
- Knowledge of GIS technologies is a plus
- ISC is searching for full-time employees.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- To apply submit your resume, references, a cover letter stating your salary requirements, writing sample (pre-requisite), and any other material that you feel will help your candidacy to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ISC is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce of professionals that provide a cooperative and collaborative work environment.
- Seniority level
- Entry - Mid level
- Employment type
- Job function
- Technical Writing
- Management Consulting, Public Safety, Government Administration